What it is: A recurring promotion coordinated by the Kasson Chamber of Commerce to encourage our community members to support local businesses. Typically features coordinated marketing (newspaper ads, social media posts, signage, etc
Goal: Area citizens shop locally more frequently with greater awarenes of local business products and services through regularly scheduled promotions, prizes, events, and advertising held by a network of Kasson area businesses coordinated through the Kasson Chamber of Commerce.
How it works:
1. Kasson Chamber offers a raffle prize of $250 the First Friday of each month in 2021. Prizes may be subject to change beginning 2022.
2. The winner of the prize is drawn from raffle submissions collected from participating businesses that collect raffle slips from customers during Shop Local Friday.
3. A chamber board member or Shop Local Friday committee member will collect all raffle slips from participating businesses the following Monday/Tuesday.
4. One winner will be drawn from all the raffle slips the Wednesday following the Shop Local Friday and will be contacted using information on the slip. The winner will be given their prize by the Kasson Chamber Treasurer and will be asked for permission to have a picture taken for the local newspaper/media.
5. Drawing of the raffle winner will take place either at the Chamber regular membership meeting or at the business location that had the previous winner, depending on availability.
Responsibilities of Participating Businesses:
1. Register as either a Regular Shop Local Friday business for the following calendar year by November 15, or sign up as an Occasional Participant by the 15th of the prior month. Registration can be completed by emailing us at KassonShopLocalFriday@kmtel.com or completing the registration form when you log into your Kasson Chamber website profile and select 'Shop Local Friday'.
2. Post signage showing your business is participating in Shop Local Friday.
3. Collect raffle slips. Slips should include Customer Name, Customer Phone Number, and Participating Business Name.
1. Offer your own special promotions, sales, prizes, or giveaways to attract additional interest to your business. Get creative!
2. Do your own advertising such as social media, newspaper, radio, signage, or whatever makes sense for your business.
3. Coordinate with other participating businesses - offer combo deals, collaborative marketing, or any other ways that may make sense.
Responsibilities of Chamber:
1. Provide a prize each First Friday for Shop Local Friday. In 2021, this is a $250 cash prize given away by a raffle drawing out of slips collected from participating businesses. The prizes will be evaluated annually during the budgeting process.
2. Provide a baseline of advertising including window cling signs for Regular Shop Local Businesses and social media posts. This will frequently include other forms of marketing including advertisements, signage, word of mouth, etc.
3. Collect raffle slips from each participating business by physically going to each place of business and taking all slips collected there.
4. Hold the raffle drawing to select a prize winner.
5. Contact the winner and give them the prize.
DATES: First Friday of Each Month
Signing Up: Complete the registration form above
Have Questions? Email us at firstname.lastname@example.org